October 22, 2012

September Facebook Posts: Recharging Your Battery & Honoring Your Energy

Since many of my clients are not on Facebook, as promised here is a digest of September's posts. As of 10-22-12, there was only one non-video post. The video post (dated 10-17-2012) can be seen on this site or at http://www.youtube.com/ReturntoBalance


Posted to Facebook on 9-18-2012:
Recharging Your Battery & Honoring Your Energy
After a massage I often recommend clients take a salt bath. It's a great way to help prolong the benefits of the session, ease detox, decrease muscle soreness and more. Unfortunately its not always feasible. So here's a quick alternative: a 10-15 minute foot salt soak. Dissolve a ratio of 1 cup Epsom salt to 1/2 gallon water. For a little extra pampering you can add any of the following: use luxury salts, pumice your feet, add marbles to the bath (roll feet over) or finish with some cooling peppermint lotion. This is a great quick pick me up when your energy is feeling low.

It feels like I have been attached to my phone, laptop and other energy draining devices for the last month due to the flurry of activity. Good stress is still stress and the body doesn't know the difference. So it's time for me to unplug and recharge. In the past I would have a good week then my super week of "being on the ball" and then an awful week. In pursuing the parenting project I finally realized that this is my energy cycle: two high energy weeks and then a need to slow down for a week.

My body is already telling me I've pushed myself too long. Oh yes, our bodies speak to us. More on that another time. Now its time for me to unplug and rest. Last week was my "on the ball" week. Instead of having an awful week this week I'm going to slow down and rest. It's time I stop trying to fight for consistent energy all the time and simply embrace and honor the ebb and flow that is my energy. Who knows maybe in recognizing this I won't need to spend so much time recharging. Now I'm going to go soak my feet :)

No comments: