September 12, 2012

The Parenting Project's End???

Looks like another mommy my have beat me to the punch. The book "Why Have Kids?" by Jessica Valenti was published September 4, 2012: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0547892616/thedaibea-20/

If this parenting project goes no further than this, it was worth every: milisecond of time, ounce of energy and even all the times I worked into the wee hours of the morning...which were numerous. This project wove inspiration and truth telling into every aspect of my life. It made me take an honest look at myself and my life. It allowed me to connect to something that mattered to me and made me no longer afraid of the sound of my voice. In less than a month I started networking again in person and online. I also finally embraced social media like Facebook, blogging and even set up my own You Tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ReturntoBalance.

In developing these things for the parenting project, I also set them up for my wellness practice. I mentioned inspiration weaving its way into every aspect, that included my practice. I recently figured out a way to do the work I do in a deeper more meaningful way, for myself and hopefully my clients. I also figured out a way to expand my practice to the biggest vision I had set for it 5+ years ago when I first decided to work for myself...working beyond the barriers and limitations of location and schedules. I am in the process of turning these ideas into a reality.

I'm glad this other book is out there, that someone else saw a need for this and that perhaps it will get the conversation started. I've got plenty on my plate right now anyway. I will, however, leave the project's Facebook page up and continue to contribute to it as my schedule permits. I've come to greatly enjoy sharing my current and past parenting moments with you, despite how embarrassing some of them may be. I'll also leave the survey up so parents have a place to experience truth telling anonymously: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NTVMRY5 If you want to share publicly, please feel free to post on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dark-Side-of-Parenting-Project/410319935698235?ref=hl

Truth telling helped lift this veil of shame so I could see my life more clearly. Now I can see the beauty beyond the illusion...my life is so so very rich...and getting richer by the moment :)

This is what connecting to and sharing my truth did for me...what might it do for you?

No comments: